'67: Our Class contact information has been consolidated with contact data from The Citadel and Brigadier Foundations and the Alumni Association. We now have a comprehensive database on '67 Class members so we can keep you informed of Class and Citadel activities.
Please use this page to update your personal contact information and post information for others members of the Class. You can make changes to your own contact information and keep it current. Class Company and Battalion representatives will continue to monitor contact information and call to remind you if your information is missing or not current. If you have Class announcements, pictures or need to calendar Class activities, please provide the information to John Sams at firstname.lastname@example.org for posting to the Class page.
If you need to contact a Class Representative or Classmate and Family Support Committee member, their contact information is in the "Documents Library" tab in the page's left column. Click and you will find a complete list of our '67 Class Representatives. The latest Class update letter (Oct '13) is also in the "Documents Library."
Class of 1967 Announcements... as of 2 January 2013
- Change in '67 Class Chairman...John Sams (India Company) has replaced Mike Steele (Tango Company) as the '67 Class Chairman
- TAPS...Theodore (Bed) W. Bridis, Charlei Company. On 3 October our Classmate Theodore (Bed) W. Bridis, Charlie Company, passed away from cancer. He was a CE major, played football, ran track, and was a member of ASCE, AUSA, SAME and ARBA. Ted was commissioned in the US Army as a Combat Engineer. In 1970, he was severely wounded in Vietnam while on patrol. He became a triple amputee as a result of his wounds. Post Vietnam after recovering from his wounds, Ted continued to serve his community and church, care for his family, participate in athletic activities for the handicapped and counsel disabled veterans. His life was an example of our core Citadel values...Honor, Duty and Respect. Byron Chinn, Charlie Company representative, and Eddie Cole, 1st Battalion Family Support Committee representative, will make contact with the family. The Class will make a contribution in Ted's name to our Memorial Scholarship. You can contact the family at : Ms Sallie L. Bridis, 9785 SW 145th ST.Miami, FL 33176-7825. Please keep Ted and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
- ‘67 Scholarship Award to Grandson of ’67 Classmate. Freshman Cadet Zachary Michael Holman, Grandson of Bob Hoyler (Romeo Company) and his wife Barbara, is the recipient of the ‘67 Memorial Scholarship this award year. Zac is a Civil Engineering student in Victor Company from Mansfield MA.
- BOV Chairman. Mike Steele ’67 was elected Chairman, The Citadel Board of Visitors (BOV) at the BOV annual meeting in June’13. He will serve until the completion of his BOV term in 2015.
- Steve Tobias Receives Honorary PHD of Commerece Degreee from The Citadel. Steve Tobias was honored for his continuing service to The Citadel with an Honorary PHD of Commenrce Degree at the 4 May SCCC Commencement Cermony. Steve's service and contributions as a member of The Citadel Foundation's Board of Directors, Chairman of our Capital Campaign and senior executive in the railroad industry were recognized during the ceremony.
- Pat Conroy Named Editor-at-Large for USC Press. Pat has been named editor-at-large for USC's South Carolina-based fiction series - - Story River Books. Story River Books will focus on original novels and short stories about South Carolina. The series will highlight a wide variety of Palmetto State authors. John Warley's (Tango Company) novel " A Southern Girl" has been selected as the first book to be published in the Story River Books series. Congratualtions to both Pat and John.
- 45th-50th Class Reunion Projects. After reviewing The Citadel Foundation (TCF) recommended Class projects for our 50th Reunion in 2017, a Class steering committee has proposed building a War Memorial in rembrance of over 430 alumni who lost their lives serving their Nation. Site location, design and fund raising plans have been discussed with TCF, The Citadel administration and the BOV. All have enthusiastically endorsed the proposal. Details and artist renderings are in the July '12 Class update letter in the documents section of this web page. The Class Steering Committee slide presentation at the 45th reunion Class meeting is also in the document's library in the left-hand column of the Class page. Ground breaking will take place at our 49th reunion in 2016 and dedication of the completed memorial at our 50th reunion and 175th anniversary of The Citadel in 2017.
'67 Memorial Scholarship Recipient Thank-You Letters.
'67 Memorial Scholarship Recipients sent thank-you letters to the Class. They are in the Document's Library on our Class web page. Check them out.
Vietnam Facts and Figures... John Sitton, Delta Company, provided some interesting facts and figures on Vietnam Veterans. As a Vietnam class, the information is both useful and interesting... especially when talking about our Vietnam experiences. The information is posted to the documents library on the Class web page.
Vietnam Virtual Wall... James Messervy, Romeo Company, provided the link to a great web site for Vietnam Veterans... http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm. The link is a "Virtual Wall for those lost during the Vietnam war. It has names, bio's, photos and other information for each name on the wall. An amazing web site with great detail.
- The Citadel Band of Gold Program. Priscilla Jones, widow of Ed Jones, donated Ed's ring to the The Citadel Band of Gold Program. It was melted down and the gold included in the rings for the Class of '2011. Ed's contribution was recognized at the ring ceremony for the Class of 2011 that started the Parent's Day weekend. When Ed handed his ring to Priscilla while in hospice at the VA, she knew that Ed knew… . No one in his family or the Class of 2011 will forget him or his contribution. You can get information on the Band of Gold program on the CAA web site.