Class of 1974, 2012 Class Reunion Update
Dear ’74 Classmates, this is not your standard request from The Citadel Foundation!
We are the Class that:
· Saved the original “Big Red” our Regimental “dog”;
· Bailed out our Furman Raiders (I’ve recently been told they made money on the deal so we expect greater contributions from them);
· Originated 10,000 “war stories” for our children and grandchildren (when they’re old enough).
~ Now let’s be the Class that creates another legacy ~
We are less than 3 years away from our 40th class reunion. Over the last 37 years we have lost classmates to events beyond our control: our prayers are constantly with them and their families. We’ve also lost classmates due to events within our control. Let’s change that - life’s too short not to do so! Priority 1 is to get everyone together in 2014! Priority 2 is to consider “The Class of 1974 Reunion Campaign.”
The Citadel Foundation is working hand-in-hand with each class to create a reunion model that competes with our peer schools and academies. Through this new tradition, known as Class Reunion Campaigns (CRC), those classes celebrating significant reunions will have an opportunity to rally together in support of The Citadel and its greatest needs. More importantly, the campaign offers us a vehicle to reach out to classmates and maintain some of the most formative and important relationships we have known.
A Campaign by definition means above and beyond annual giving. During this period, we will work together (Annual Giving Class Chairman, Tommy McQueeney; Class Reunion Campaign Chairman, Billy Crowe) in conjunction with the CRC committee to ensure you understand the difference between this special effort and annual giving:
· If you make annual gifts to The Citadel, for example to The Citadel Fund, you should continue to do so. A campaign gift by definition is above and beyond annual giving. We do not want the areas on campus that depend on your generous donations to suffer due to this special effort and all gifts made by the class are counted towards the campaign goal.
· Our campaign gift documentation period is from Jan. 1, 2012 to Dec. 31, 2014. More information about the goals and objectives of our Class of 1974 Reunion Campaign will be forthcoming.
· You can also keep up to date with our CRC efforts on our class page at foundation.citadel.edu/1974.
In the coming months, members of the CRC committee will be contacting you. Additionally, Development Officer Laura Faulders with The Citadel Foundation is available to assist you so please feel free to contact her directly at 843-953-6716, or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for considering ways to support our reunion campaign, and thus our Citadel. We look forward to seeing you in Charleston during Homecoming 2014 and at our 40th reunion.
Tommy McQueeney, Annual Giving Class Chairman
Bill Crowe, Class Reunion Campaign Chairman
Thank you for your continued support of our class' annual fundraising and participation efforts. If you haven't done so yet, please take this opportunity to Donate Now!