I hope this letter finds you all well. In honor of The Citadel’s 175th anniversary and to fulfill the goals of the LEAD Plan 2018 and the college’s strategic plan, our alma mater is embarking on a campaign to raise $175,000,000 by 2018. The Citadel Foundation had a public launch of the campaign in late October, and I want to share the news with you and give you some insight into the campaign’s priorities. Focusing on the five areas of excellence - Leadership Development, Academic Excellence, Athletics, Facilities, and Strategic Growth- the Foundation for Leadership campaign will let us explore the possibilities for the future of The Citadel. After careful consideration the Class of 2007 Class Reunion Campaign (CRC) committee set a goal of $102,007 with 100% class participation. We realize the ambitiousness of these numbers but would not have selected them if we did not believe it attainable. Within the overall goal, we have selected a designated project for our class, the Aaron X. Wittman ’07 Memorial Scholarship, with a goal of $50,000.
This project was selected because:
- We, as a committee, felt this was very dear to our hearts.
- This project honors Aaron, a fallen classmate and brother, who gave his life to save others.
- This scholarship provides funding to a rising sophomore in need of financial assistance.
- The recipient must have a desire to serve in some component of the United States Armed forces after graduation.
Of course, you can still direct your support to other funds or areas on campus—your gift will still help our overall effort. However, if you are interested in supporting theAaron Wittman ’07 Memorial Scholarship, please designate your gift to the “Class of 2007 Reunion Fund”. No matter how large or small your gift, participation is the key to a successful effort. When you join in by making a gift of any amount, you are offering both The Citadel and the Class of 2007 your vote of confidence. Many flexible giving methods are available during our Reunion Campaign to help us reach our goal, such as cash gifts, multi-year pledges, gifts of stock, and planned gifts. Consider the impact you could make, knowing that you have until December 31, 2020 to pay off a multi-year pledge.
If you are not currently an annual contributor, I encourage you to start giving back to our alma mater. The Citadel needs our continued financial support to ensure future generations of Citadel cadets receive the quality education and Citadel experience that we had the privilege of getting. We simply ask that you give a gift, meaningful to you, in support of The Citadel Foundation and the Class of 2007.
As we prepare for our 10th reunion, we should take note of the many accomplishments and successes that are continually being bestowed on our alma mater.
Here are just a handful of our recent "Points of Pride":U.S. News and World Report, in the south:
- No. 1 public regional university, five consecutive years (2012-2016).
- No. 1 "Best Value" among public colleges in 2010.
- No. 23 Undergraduate Engineering Program at schools without a doctoral program.
- Recognized as one of the most civic-minded colleges in America with Carnegie Foundation’s Community Engagement Classification. Only about 7.8% of schools have earned this distinction.
- The 4th fittest college in the country in 2014 by The Active Times.
- The Citadel Regimental Band and Pipes was the sole musical representative for The United States of America at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo in August 2015.
In the coming months, our class Reunion Committee and our Class Reunion Campaign Development Officer, Riviere Propst, will be contacting you to ask for your consideration to make a gift to meet our goals for our Class Reunion Campaign. I encourage you to be proactive and contact Riviere with any questions you have regarding our project on her direct line at 843-953-6079 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also make a secure gift online at https://foundation.citadel.edu/2007giving.
Thank you for financial support of The Citadel and we look forward to seeing you all at our 10 year. Go Dogs!
Christopher Cook, Class Reunion Campaign Chairman (Hotel)
Class of 2007 Reunion Campaign Committee:
David Alger, Class Chairman (Bravo)
Dustin Henderson (Kilo)
Matt Elliott (Kilo)
Ryan Quinn (Mike)
Robby Jackson (Lima)
Jason McLees (India)