Parent Gifts Making an Impact
Thank you to all the parents who donated to The Citadel Foundation Parent Fund in 2009!
In 2009 The Citadel Foundation’s Parent Fund raised a total of $16,583. Monies raised supported:
- The Citadel Fund- supports the greatest needs of The Citadel and is an essential component in maintaining the college’s academic excellence and fiscal stability
- The Department of Cadet Activities- provides programs and events for all cadets, in which they are encouraged to socialize, donate their time, experience cultural events, participate in clubs and much more
- The Deans’ Discretionary Funds- provides discretionary resources to fund a variety of activities and projects to strengthen the educational experience of cadets and the teaching capability of the faculty
Money raised in 2009 from The Citadel Foundation Parent Fund is already at work on campus impacting cadets’ everyday. Here is how the money is being used:
- The Department of Cadet Activities sent the Cadet Chorale to Trinity Presbyterian Church in Palm Coast, Florida. On Sunday, March 7 the Cadet Chorale performed for an audience of 500! The pastor of Trinity Presbyterian Church is an ‘84 grad, Dr. Ron Watson, who was also the Chorale Commander, pipe major, and member of the chapel choir when he was a cadet. Without the support from the Parent Fund this trip would not have been possible!
- The School of Science & Mathematics will use money received for upgrades in laboratory supplies and equipment and to support cadet travel to professional meetings to present the results of their research and network with science professionals.
- The Citadel Fund supports the greatest needs of the college each year, which currently includes supporting cadet research and travel initiatives, scholarships and financial aid resources, and technology advances.