The policies on the Acceptance and Disposition of Gifts, Campaign Counting and Crediting of Gifts, and Naming and Recognition have been developed in an effort to establish a campus wide set of procedures for fundraising at The Citadel.
The Citadel Board of Visitors and The Citadel Foundation Board of Directors have adopted each of the policies to govern the counting, crediting, and named recognition of private giving to The Citadel. Each of the full policies is contained in PDF format, which requires an Acrobat Reader. In case you do not have this reader, you may download one at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Acceptance and Disposition of Gifts
These policies and procedures standardize guidelines for the proper acceptance and disposition of major gifts made to The Citadel Foundation, thereby providing acceptance and disposition reference to gift officers for cases in which donors offer hard assets other than cash. Click here to view the full Acceptance and Disposition of Gifts Policy.
Naming and Recognition Policy
- Full policy text: Citadel Policy, Naming and Recognition
- Establishes college-wide standard for naming with minimum major gift level of $25,000.
- All named gifts require a gift agreement. Minimum endowment level of $25,000 must be reached within five years.
- Board of Visitors is responsible for all naming on campus.
- BOV has authorized the Naming Opportunities Committee made up of the Provost, VP of Finance and Business Affairs and E.D. of The Citadel Foundation to make naming decisions for gifts less than $100,000.
- Policy establishes level of gift required for various naming opportunities on campus.
- Various committees on campus are responsible for acceptance of in-kind gifts with the Naming Opportunities Committee dealing with the recognition for all gifts.